SlipStream® is a proprietary, patented technology that utilizes vented hydrocarbons that would otherwise be lost to the atmosphere, as a supplementary fuel source for natural gas engines. SlipStream® technology monitors and controls the addition of these vented hydrocarbons to ensure safe and reliable engine operation.
As an addition to the REMVue® product family, SlipStream® technology can be easily integrated into new or existing installations and used on engines from 100 to 4,000 horsepower. PIC Solutions provides three different options for SlipStream® systems:
- SS3 - Maximum flow rate of 3 kg/hour
- SS10 - Maximum of 10% of total engine fuel flow can be supplemented by the SlipStream® system
- SS50 - Maximum of 50% of total engine fuel flow can be supplemented by the SlipStream® system
With SlipStream®, the return on investment (ROI) is typically realized less than 6 months after start-up.
Why Use Vented Emissions?
- Methane is a greenhouse gas (25 × CO2)
- Vents and leaks are expensive to eliminate
- A natural gas engine burns over 99% of its fuel
- Fuel can be comprised of methane, ethane, propane, butane, CO, H2, BTEX* (> 99.5% reduction)
- Significant fuel and GHG savings
- No recompression or VRU is required
- No need to upgrade to instrument air or low bleed devices if majority of vented gas can be used in engine(s)