8am MST-4pm MST (approximate end time)
9 Students (registration is first come, first serve)
This 2-day course uses lectures and examples to explain the correct procedure for valve maintenance.
- Valve nomenclature and definitions
- ASME code requirements
- Pressure-level relationship
- Valve maintenance
- Valve disassembly and inspection
- Test bench technique; air, steam and water
- Cold differential testing
- Pilot valve testing
- Adjustments for blowdown
- Ring locations effects
- Bench teardown of valves
- Parts inspection & critical dimension measurement
- Remachining of nozzles
- Maintenance problems and remedies
- Discussion on "do’s" and "don't's"
- Quiz on safety and safety relief valves
This seminar is designed for technicians and others who are responsible for the maintenance of Crosby valves.