Monday-Thursday 8am MST-4pm MST
Friday 8am MST-12pm MST (approximate end times)
5 Students (registration is first come, first serve)
This 4.5-day course is for instrumentation technicians responsible for all areas of managing and ensuring the reliability of instrumentation in the plant process including startup and commissioning, normal operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting. The hands-on workshops with AMS Device Manager along with DeltaV will address areas relating to the instrument technician's daily tasks.
- DeltaV and Plantweb Overview
- Smart Commissioning
- AMS Device Manager Overview
- Foundation fieldbus Overview
- ValveLink SNAP-ON Introduction
- ValveLink DVC Setup
- HART Overview
- PROCONEX QuickCheck SNAP-ON
- PROFIBUS Overview
- Wireless SNAP-ON Introduction
- PlantWeb Alerts
- AMS Device Manager User Interface
- Setup and use of Alert Monitor in AMS Device Manager
- Device Replacement for HART, Fieldbus, and PROFIBUS Devices
- AMS Device Manager Audit Trail
- AMS Device Manager Calibration Assistant
The target audience usually responds to work orders created to calibrate, troubleshoot, repair, service, and replace instruments and valves; monitors alerts to preemptively address problems prior to operators seeing a problem in the control room; provides loop testing and assistance with instrumentation on plant turnarounds, startups, and for project work; improves process availability and reduces operations and maintenance costs.
Microsoft windows experience. Minimal DeltaV and AMS experience is recommended but not required. Recommended to take 7018, but not required.