Calgary, AB, April 28, 2015 – Spartan Controls Ltd. is proud to announce it has been named Technical Employer of the Year by The Association of Science & Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET). The Technical Employer of the Year award is presented to an employer for their outstanding contribution to technology and recognizes organizations that excel at supporting, promoting, utilizing, and rewarding technicians and technologists.
“With about 80 per cent of Spartans as technical professionals, this recognition is especially meaningful to us,” said Mike Begin, President and CEO of Spartan Controls. “As an employee owned company, having a great place to work is very important. Our people and our culture are what makes a huge difference, and what creates a real advantage to serve our customers first.”
Continually striving to raise the bar in the process control and automation industry, Spartan’s efforts in the following areas aided in being chosen for the Technical Employer of the Year:
- Offering technical career opportunities: Spartan’s greatest asset is its people, and the Spartans that make up the organization range from summer students, to new graduates, and span to individuals who have spent their entire careers dedicated to Spartan’s success. Spartan believes not only in the power of experience, but in the young generation of innovative, forward thinking people that enter the workforce every day.
- Volunteerism: Spartan strongly encourages participation in community associations as well as industry associations that are aligned with its business and company goals. Community programs that Spartans are encouraged to focus on are programs that enable a healthy work-home balance, benefit the less fortunate and aid in the development and education of youths and families.
- Support and encouragement for professional development: Not only are Spartan’s encouraged to further their expertise throughout their career with the organization, the Edmonton facility has trained students from around the world since 1986. Operating as an Emerson Process Management Certified Training Facility, the four full-time classrooms trained over 1,800 students in 240 courses in 2014.
- Industry development: Significant investment is made by Spartan at a post-secondary level to ensure future workers of the industry are trained on and familiar with world-class technology. Spartan has shown support in key technical training institutions in Western Canada such as BCIT, NAIT, SAIT, and other leading centres of learning.
- Exceptional safety record: Spartan is rated number 1 of 175 companies by the Workers Compensation Board (WCB) and was proud to have a run of 15 million hours worked without a lost time incident.
About Spartan Controls:
Spartan Controls Ltd. Is the recognized leading provider of process control, measurement and automation solutions in Western Canada. For over 50 years, Spartan has provided the industry with quality solutions, technical expertise, lifecycle support, and technical training. Our automation products are used by the oil and gas, oil sands, pulp and paper, power, pipeline, and municipal industries. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional customer experience where expertise and collaboration come together 24/7, 365 days a year.
About The Association of Science & Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta:
The Association of Science & Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta is a premier regulator, service provider and promoter of safe, high quality professional technology practice. It is recognized as the innovative self-regulating professional body defining the latest scope and standards of practice for a dynamic and engaged community of technology professionals.
For further information please contact
Content Marketing Coordinator