Spartan strives to provide best-in-class service to our customers. We are driven to help improve your processes and save or make you money with our superior products and services. Our Inventory Tank Gauging specialists will help you to realize the full benefits of a newly purchased, highly accurate Tank Gauging system.
Our certified factory-trained technicians will ensure optimum system performance and reliability. During startup you can expect the following:
Startup Service Pricing
- Verification of the correct electrical and mechanical installation of all ITG devices.
- Setup and configuration of customer supplied TankMaster PC with regards to TankMaster software, ITG device drivers, and device and tank configuration.
- Function test the communication between the TankMaster PC and all ITG devices and any host communication to any ITG product.
- Customization of WinOpi alarms, displays, reports and notifications. Dependent on software license purchased.
- Calibration/Verification of the tank level device, corrected density calculation and verification of the temperature reading. Customer to supply the tools to provide an accurate level measurement, temperature reading at desired tank heights and a corrected density analysis of a grab sample taken across the entire product.
- On-the-job training for site operation or field technician personnel
Please be aware of the following:
- All prices are in Canadian dollars
- Travel time, meals, flights, accommodations and mileage (if required) will be charged at applicable rates. Please contact Lisa Reynolds (780-440-5628) or Lorna Munkedal (780-638-5704) for a quote that includes travel time, meals, flights accommodations and mileage.
- Unnecessary wait times may incur an equivalent hourly rate, at the technician’s discretion.
- Any work outside the normal startup scope will be charged at the standard hourly rate.
The following must be complete prior to startup:
- All devices installed following applicable electrical and mechanical drawings using standard industry practices.
- All devices will be ready to be powered on once the Spartan technician verifies site wiring.
- Communication wiring has been verified back to the FCU/System Hub, TankMaster PC and/or Host.
- TankMaster PC has Microsoft excel installed.
- TankMaster PC has administrator privileges.
- Strapping tables(excel and pdf format) have been provided to the Spartan technician prior to their site arrival.
- Electrician is available to provide any troubleshooting regarding installation
- Programmer is available to verify modbus values between the FCU/System Hub and host as well as between the TankMaster PC and host.
- Operations is available to gauge the tank level, provide density analysis and temperature readings at predetermined tank heights in reference to the RTD string.
- If the tank has a floating roof, the level must be high enough to have the roof floating freely and have no moving product; either by changing tank levels or product mixers.
On-the-job training will consist of explanations while the customer witnesses the startup. If time permits, the specialist can provide a basic talk on Inventory Tank Gauging fundamentals.
A detailed course can provided through our Education Department
. To schedule an Inventory Tank Gauging course, please contact Spartan Controls