Quantum Cascade Lasers (QCL) are able to provide measurements into the mid IR spectral region. This region allows for sharper spectral absorptions and responses from QCL compared to traditional spectroscopy technologies. This enables specificity of identified components with minimum interference and without filtration, reference cells or chemometric manipulations.
The Rosemount CT5100 continuous gas analyzer is the first Quantum Cascade Laser (QCL) system developed for process gas analysis and emissions monitoring. The CT5100 is available in two variants: a certified system, housed in a purged and pressurized enclosure for hazardous area installations; and a non-certified system for use in non-hazardous areas. Both can house up to six lasers to measure multiple components in the gas stream simultaneously. The laser arrangement consolidates the measurement requirements into a single gas analyzer.
Features and Benefits:
- Multi-component QCL/TDL analyzer
- Measure up to 12 gases simultaneously
- Accurate and sensitive gas measurements
- Excellent linearity of response and repeatability
- Low, long term drift, minimizes calibration intervals
- Low maintenance and low lifetime costs
- Continuous health diagnostic reporting
- Embedded ARM processor for fully autonomous operation
- Intuitive, simple front panel user interface allows access to all instrument functions
- Field Serviceable and field configurable
- Interchangeable modular configuration for up to six lasers
- Hazardous certification (approvals pending)
- North America: Class 1, Division 2, groups A, B, C, D, T3