Micro Motion’s Heavy Fuel Viscosity Meter (HFVM) Viscomaster® is a high performance, multivariable viscosity meter designed for the measurement and control of heavy fuel oil (HFO) that supply engines, turbines and burners in Marine and Power applications.
With the HFVM Viscomaster you get a fast-response, direct insertion multi-variable sensor that is capable of viscosity, density and temperature measurement in pipelines, bypass loops and tanks. The meter incorporates an innovative new integral transmitter that has extensive communications flexibility simplifying system integration and reducing set-up costs. Maintenance burdens can also be minimized through a revolutionary new meter health diagnostic – Known Density Verification (KDV).
The meters have been approved by Lloyd's Register for marine environments and have a wide range of equivalent worldwide marine approvals (see more here).
How will you benefit?
- Accurate, online, multi-variable measurement of viscosity, density and temperature in an installation flexible direct insertion design
- Increased fuel oil burner efficiency that enables reduced NOx and SOx emissions
- Improved turbine volumetric flow measurements via online viscosity K-factor correction
- Reduced asset maintenance costs through high viscosity alarm pump protection
- Single transmitter simplifies DCS/Flow Computer integration via mA, HART and Modbus/RS-485 communications
- Simple set-up, configuration and operation via a local display, HART communicator, AMS Device Manager or ProLink® III
- Retrofit kits for replacement solutions of capillary and torsional meters
- Optimized design – insensitive to vibration, temperature and pressure variations
- Robust low-friction, Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating
- Internal diagnostics for fast verification of meter health and installation
- Application-specific factory configurations ensure fit-for-purpose operation