Liquid viscosity is an important process parameter in applications as diverse as pipeline drag reducer injection, pump protection, turbine correction and fuel oil burner control.
With Emerson’s Micro Motion Fork Viscosity Meter you get a fast-response, direct insertion multi-variable sensor that is capable of viscosity, density and temperature measurement in pipelines, bypass loops and tanks. The meter incorporates an innovative new integral transmitter that has extensive communications flexibility and can be factory pre-configured to your specific application, reducing your system integration and set-up costs. Maintenance burdens can also be minimized through a revolutionary new meter health diagnostic – Known Density Verification (KDV).
How will you benefit?
- Accurate, online, multi-variable measurement of viscosity, density and temperature in an installation flexible direct insertion design
- Increased fuel oil burner efficiency that enables reduced NOx and SOx emissions
- Improved turbine volumetric flow measurements via online viscosity K-factor correction
- Reduced asset maintenance costs through high viscosity alarm pump protection
- Single transmitter simplifies DCS/Flow Computer integration via mA, HART, Modbus & FOUNDATION Fieldbus communications
- Simple set-up, configuration and operation via a local display, HART communicator, AMS Device Manager or ProLink® III
- Internal diagnostics for fast verification of meter health and installation
- Application-specific factory configurations ensure fit-for-purpose operation
- Unique direct insertion design in lengths of up to 4 m (13 ft)