SlipStream® is a proprietary, patented technology that utilizes vented hydrocarbons that would otherwise be lost to the atmosphere, as a supplementary fuel source for natural gas engines. SlipStream® technology monitors and controls the addition of these vented hydrocarbons to ensure safe and reliable engine operation. As an addition to the REMVue® product family, SlipStream® technology can be easily integrated into new or existing installations and used on engines from 100 to 4,000 horsepower.
- SS3 - Reduced engine fuel consumption up to 3 kg/hour
- SS10 - Reduced engine fuel consumption up to 10 kg/hour
- SS50 - Reduced engine fuel consumption up to 50 kg/hour
ROI is typically less than 6 months. Using SlipStream®, up to 50% of engine fuel can come from the vented sources.
Why Use Vented Emissions?
- Methane is a greenhouse gas (21 × CO2)
- Vents and leaks are expensive to eliminate
- A natural gas engine burns over 99% of its fuel
- Fuel can be comprised of methane, ethane, propane, butane, CO, H2, BTEX* (> 99.5% reduction)
- Less normal fuel is needed (i.e.: significant fuel savings possible)
- No recompression or VRU is required
- No need to upgrade to instrument air or low bleed devices if majority of vented gas can be used in engine(s)